Friday, May 25, 2012

I've been thinking


Those that decide to read this, first I thank you because this is critical to my expansion as an artist.


I've been looking around on the various sites that I've joined over the years. DeviantART, FurAffinity, InkBunny, SoFurry and Furocity and I've notice a few things with the artists I watch (specifically those who do commissions).

Those artists who do commissions typically have a straight to the point pricing sheet or guide, I'm wondering if there's maybe something more that I can do to make myself stand out while I honestly believe i have one of the most complex yet easy to understand pricing guides, in my own opinion. I didn't do the most important thing though...Have peers evaluate it...

This critical test piece is the one part that I overlooked in my three months working diligently on the forms that I've composed, as well as the ones that were created and the revisions I made back in March.

I come here tonight asking one simple thing of you with the attention span that read through all of this. Take a couple minutes as an appreciated follower and look through my intake forms. I want my followers to tell me what they think I need to change. Opinions, recommendations, strategies, etc. I'll take any response I can get. All the links for what I do are found to the left side of the page.

Any feedback I can get would be appreciated...I'm not asking for you to ask for art from me (unless you want it of course). As a salesman, the best way to improve sales is to figure out what the public desires, am I right? Anyone who's worked retail (and likes it, kinda like myself) will know that helping someone find something they need is like the best thing in the world. Anybody whose had to go to get something from a retail store knows they feel appreciated for being helped as much as they can be without it being overkill.

I'm betting it's the same way with art..or at least I'm hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment